Harmony Yoga Studio is a place to find harmony with gentle movements and breathing.
We offer in-studio, on-location, and virtual classes! Plus much more...
Carol will provide personalized attention and get to know YOU! She is a Certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor and Reiki Master with over 20 years of experience with prior 25 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist.
Yoga Studio in Stamford
Heal yourself, one breath at a time
Meet Harmony Yoga Owner,
Carol Shwidock is the owner of Harmony Yoga, a Kripalu-based practice center, who integrates the Five Elements of both Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine to teach students how to heal themselves one breath at a time.
She founded Harmony Yoga following the 9/11 tragedy. At that time, she had been working as an Occupational Therapist for 25 years. Today, a 500-hr. Yoga Therapist, with over 20 years experience as an instructor, Carol enjoys teaching group classes, corporate classes, and private sessions to individuals or small groups as well as facilitating workshops and retreats to help students tune into their own energy for self-healing. Carol has worked with students healing from Anxiety, Depression, Pain, Neurological Disorders, and Orthopedic Issues and has witnessed amazing healing using the energy(prana/chi) of the body.
Classes - In-studio, on location, or virtually
Workshops and Special Events
Yoga Shop - Videos, DVDs, and more
The focus of our classes is on teaching the student how to heal themselves, one breath at a time, through 5 Elements of Meridian Yoga (Chinese Medicine) and Kripalu Yoga/Ayurvedic 5 Elements.
We offer Beginner's Yoga, All Levels Yoga, Corporate Yoga, Beach Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Yoga Dance, and Private one-on-one sessions.
Upcoming Special Offerings
- Fri, Sep 29The Guest House Retreat CenterSep 29, 3:00 PM – Oct 01, 1:00 PMThe Guest House Retreat Center, 318 W Main St, Chester, CT 06412, USASep 29, 3:00 PM – Oct 01, 1:00 PMThe Guest House Retreat Center, 318 W Main St, Chester, CT 06412, USARevive, relax and restore with yoga, meditation, hikes, drumming circle and more! I am over the moon to spend time together! Schedule: Friday 3pm Check-in 6pm Dinner 7:15pm Restorative Yoga Evening begins! Saturday 7:30-8:30am Yoga 8-9am Breakfast 9-12pm Hike on property/Rest time 12:30-1:30
- Thu, Oct 05Hummingbird Healing CenterOct 05, 6:30 PM – Oct 06, 8:00 PMHummingbird Healing Center, 57 Main St 2nd floor, Westport, CT 06880, USAOct 05, 6:30 PM – Oct 06, 8:00 PMHummingbird Healing Center, 57 Main St 2nd floor, Westport, CT 06880, USAOctober is the fall element of Metal which involves the Lungs & Large Intestines. It's all about taking in & letting go. Join Carol at the new Hummingbird Healing Center in Westport CT for a gentle flow with 5 Elements Harmony Yoga. Then release with Lisa Pak in a blissful sound bath. Ahhhhhhh
- Sun, Oct 08StamfordOct 08, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDTStamford, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USA
- Thu, Oct 12DarienOct 12, 6:30 PM – Oct 13, 7:45 PMDarien, 555 Post Rd, Darien, CT 06820, USA
- Sat, Oct 14StamfordOct 14, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PMStamford, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USA
- Sun, Oct 15StamfordOct 15, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM EDTStamford, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USA
- Sun, Nov 05StamfordNov 05, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMStamford, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USANov 05, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMStamford, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USAAs Fall energy is here we move inward towards the stillness of Winter. Fall Energy is the element of Metal, Integrity vs Letting Go. Carol will lead us in gentle movements for the metal flow, then Holly will serenade us as we lay down rest, restore and receive.
- Sun, Nov 12StamfordNov 12, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PMStamford, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USA
- LIVE MUSIC ~ LIVE YOGA with Carol Shwidock, yoga therapist, and Jay Margolin, talented musician/performerSun, Nov 19Harmony Yoga StudioNov 19, 1:00 PM – Nov 20, 2:00 PMHarmony Yoga Studio, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USANov 19, 1:00 PM – Nov 20, 2:00 PMHarmony Yoga Studio, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USAPrepare to be serenaded in your body, mind and soul in this special class. As we move gently in the flows of Fall shifting to Winter we will serenaded with sound by Jay Margolin. After healing yoga and chi gong Carol will lead us in a deep Guided Meditation. You will leave this class feeling soothed
- Sun, Dec 10StamfordDec 10, 1:00 PM EST – Dec 11, 3:00 PM ESTStamford, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USA
- Fri 1/26 630-8pm Sat/Sun 1/27/28 2-5pmHarmony Yoga StudioFri 1/26 630-8pm Sat/Sun 1/27/28 2-5pmHarmony Yoga Studio, REAR ENTRANCE, 1100 High Ridge Rd 2nd floor, Stamford, CT 06905, USA
Why Choose Harmony Yoga?
Each class is personalized to the students in that particular class. Each class is based on your needs in the moment.
Smaller Class Size
Harmony Yoga is a boutique yoga studio with fewer students in each class for an intimate experience.
Variety of Formats
Save time with the option to choose from in-studio to on-location, to DVDs, to downloadable videos. Whatever your preference, Harmony Yoga has an option for you!
“I just discovered Carol’s studio last week, and this was my first experience with Kripalu yoga. I loved how different breathing and energy moving techniques were weaved into the slow flow practice. I would best describe it as a moving meditation. I left feeling relaxed, peaceful and so grateful to have connected with Carol’s open hearted community. -LS
“I just wanted to take a quick minute to thank you again so much for class last night. I’ve been struggling with some health and personal issues (some menopause and thyroid related, some work related) and just being in your class last night released so much anxiety and stress for me, I am truly grateful.
“Thank you for this life changing experience! I had chronic back pain for the past 20 years and forgot what it felt like to be pain free. Thanks to you, I have been absolutely pain free since I started taking your c